Juniper Berry Pure Essential Oil - 2 fl oz (60 ml)
Regular price $ 35.55
Juniper Berry (Juniperus communis) Pure Essential Oil - Aromatherapy - Therapeutic Quality - 2 fl oz (60 ml)
Description: The juniper bush produces green berries that eventually mature into black; the scent woody and peppery, with pine overtones. The bushes can live up to 2,000 years old and grow as high as 25 feet tall. Juniper Berry bushes are most commonly found in Europe, North America, North Asia, and North Africa. Both Early Romans and Native Americans used the berries to treat tumors and colds. Tar and inner bark from the tree was used for flavoring, sweetening, and making tea. Throughout the Middle Ages, Juniper Berry incense was believed to protect against the plague. Today, the berries are used in aromatherapy, to make gin, and as a coffee substitute.
Supportive, restoring, and a great nerve tonic. A fresh, yet warm, rich, balsamic, peppery, woody, sweet, pine-needle-like odor. Reminiscent of evergreen oils. Cleans the area of your surroundings. Use a few drops in a diffuser to freshen the aromatic climate of your home. Good for meditation. Juniper Berries effectively treat liver problems, obesity, rheumatism, acne, coughs, ulcers, and urinary infections. The oil from the berries is a well known diuretic as well. These berries also help in the reduction of cellulite, stress, and pain, and can even help to correct a foggy memory. Juniper Berry oil is powerful for the soul. It invigorates the heart and encourages the spirit, while protecting against negative outside influences. This oil also inspires clarity by cleansing unhelpful feelings, and allows one to triumph over any lack of self confidence, love and respect. Juniper Berry oil also aids women in keeping their bodies secure by relaxing the conditions of PMS, helping to correct irregular menstrual cycles, and calming sore muscles.
Caution: Juniper Berry oil is nontoxic and safe for all skin types. Do not use while pregnant, with babies, or if you have acute urinary tract disease.
Extracted through steam distillation of berries. Originates from India.
Biosource Naturals is founded by a naturopath, aromatherapist, EFT practitioner, Reiki Master. Therapeutic Quality. We supply pure essential oils verified by GC and/or other QC testing.
Suggestions: Blends well with Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Pine, Clary sage, Lavender, Grapefruit, and other Citrus oils, Geranium, and Rosemary. Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- Cleans the atmosphere. Good for meditation. Use a few drops in a diffuser to freshen the aromatic climate of your home.
- Add to unscented body care to help with toning treatments and combat cellulite.
- Add to shower gel and gently brush the areas you want to firm, then rinse. Add 6 drops to 1 oz of lotion or massage oil for a stimulating massage.
- To turn mental anguish into strength, vaporize 3 drops Juniper Berry and 3 drops Rosemary.
- To inspire positive thinking and rise above self hatred, take a bath in 2 drops Juniper Berry and 2 drops Rose Absolute.
- To help with menstrual cramps and release water retention, mix Juniper Berry with Grapefruit, and Fennel and run the blend into any areas that are bloated.
- To help manage the menstrual cycle, mix Juniper Berry with Agnus Castus, and Clary Sage, and massage it into the abdomen using clockwise circular strokes every night.
- Refractive Index: 1.4789
- Specific Gravity: 0.867 TO 0.868 AT 20°/20°C
- Opt. Rotation: 10
- Solubility: Soluble in alcohol and oils. Insoluble in water
- CAS No.: 8002-68-4
"This company has hard-to-find essential oils. I'll be back." - L. Michalopoulos