Carrot Seed Pure Essential Oil - 0.5 fl oz (15 ml)
Regular price $ 16.25
Carrot Seed (Daucus carota) Pure Essential Oil - Aromatherapy - Therapeutic Quality 0.5 fl oz (15 ml)
Description: Woody-earthy, slightly spicy, strong, fruity, warm, herbaceous and musky aroma. Refreshing and stimulating. Great revitalizer and/or toner in skin care. Considered to be one of the best essential oils for mature skin. Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Can be used in massage oils, lotions, or even as a carrier oil. Blends well with citrus and evergreen-type oils, as well as Frankincense, Lavender, Cypress, Geranium. Non-toxic, non-irritating, non-sensitizing.
Carrots are found naturally in England, France, and Europe. Carrots were used in medicinal remedies during Roman and Grecian times, and became reorganized as an important food in the 16th century. South America uses carrots to improve skin, and as an antifertility agent. This essential oil has a musty, earthy, subtle scent that expresses woody notes as it evaporates.
Woody-earthy, slightly spicy, strong, fruity, warm, herbaceous and musky. Refreshing and stimulating. Great in skin care (revitalizing and toning) and considered one of the best essential oils for mature skin.
- Carrot seed oil can be used in home aromatherapy to treat gout, ulcers, flatulence, eczema, and psoriasis. It can also be used as a diuretic. Carrots help to bring on menstruation and stimulate lactation, and can eliminate intestinal worms and relax muscles. The plant has been used as a digestive tonic for hundreds of years. Carrot seed powder can release fluid retention and indigestion. The seed's oil is also used for perfumes, soaps, detergents, lotions, coloring and for flavoring food.
- Carrot Seed can strengthen the spirit by easing feelings of delicateness and vulnerability, creating a space in the spirit that allows and encourages a sense of inner peace and security. Carrot Seed helps the mind by easing insomnia, and soothes chronic emotional stress, enabling deep relaxation. Carrot seed works well with the body to soothe colic, digestive cramps, and IBS. It can also relieve PMS symptoms, and replenish dry or mature skin.
- Uses include massage oils, lotions, or even a carrier oil. Blends well with citrus and evergreen type oils, plus Frankincense, Lavender, Cypress, Geranium. Non-toxic, non-irritating, non-sensitizing.
- To ease insomnia, vaporize 3 drops of Carrot, and 3 drops of Lavender in your room before you sleep.
- To soothe chronic emotional stress, bathe with 2 drops of Carrot Seed, and 4 drops of Rose Geranium. To ease digestive pain and discomfort, use 4 drops of Carrot Seed, 2 drops of Fennel, and 4 drops of Grapefruit.
- To relieve water retention and PMS use 4 drops of Carrot Seed, 4 drops of lemon, and 2 drops of geranium.
Caution: Do not ingest. Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
Extracted through steam distillation of seeds. Originates from India.
Packaged: 0.5 fl oz (15 ml) amber glass bottle with Euro plug, tamper proof safety seal and safety shrink wrap. Also available in a 1 fl oz (30 ml) bottle.
Biosource Naturals is founded by a naturopath, aromatherapist, EFT practitioner, Reiki Master. Therapeutic Quality. We supply pure essential oils verified by GC and/or other QC testing.
- CAS No.: 8015-88-1
- Specific Gravity: 0.9200 To 0.9600
- Optical Rotation: +10 To +30
- Refractive Index: 1.4900 To 1.5100
- Main Constituent: Caratol > 70%