Cedarwood Pure Essential Oil - 2 fl oz (60 ml)
Regular price $ 20.95
Cedarwood (Cedrus deodara) Pure Essential Oil - Aromatherapy - Therapeutic Quality 2 fl oz (60 ml)
Description: Cedarwood essential oil is collected from wood chips and sawdust, and can be found in North America. Native Americans burned the twigs and inhaled the smoke to relieve head colds and chest congestion. The fumes could also be used to aid with childbirth. Cedarwood has a soft, calming, deep aroma, that turns sharp and sweet as it evaporates. A warm and smoky scent with an undertone of floral citrus. Encourages harmony and balance. Useful for ADHD.
Pairs well with Rosemary, Eucalyptus. Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
Thought to stimulate the pineal gland, promoting the release of melatonin, which can be helpful for sleep. Supports adrenal function. Used for acne, scale disorders, nervous tension. Grounding, clearing away negativity and bringing in positive energy. A viscous, rich, sweet, woody, almost-balsamic odor with the characteristic odor of Cedarwood.
Essential Oil For Acne, ADD & ADHD, Arthritis, Circulation, Respiratory System, Hair Loss, Rosacea, Hair Growth, Cystitis, Insect Repellent, Thyroid
Extracted through steam distillation of wood. Originates from India.
Packaged: 2 fl oz (60 ml) amber glass bottle with Euro plug, tamper proof safety seal and safety shrink wrap. Also available in a 0.5 fl oz (15 ml), 1 fl oz (30 ml), and 4 fl oz (120 ml) bottle.
Biosource Naturals is founded by a naturopath, aromatherapist, EFT practitioner, Reiki Master. Therapeutic Quality. We supply pure essential oils verified by GC and/or other QC testing.
Uses: Cedarwood can be used in home treatments for respiratory issues such as bronchitis and catarrh, as well as acne treatments and treatments for damaged skin, urinary discomfort, and even arthritis. It can also be used as a diuretic as well. Cedarwood can calm, relieve anxiety and nervous tension, while promoting a restful sleep. The vapors open the sinus and breathing passages to ease chest congestion when rubbed on the chest. The oil also repels insects. Cedarwood supports the spirit by creating a calming, peaceful setting and mood just right for meditation, by expanding breathing patterns, and promoting a deep sense of inner peace and tranquility.
- To calm nerves, bathe with 2 drops of Cedarwood, and 3 drops of Lavender.
- To ease mental stress, vaporize 3 drops of Cedarwood and 3 drops of Orange Leaf.
- To regain inner strength mix Cedarwood and Australian Sandalwood and Patchouli and apply it when you become anxious.
- To ease coughs use 4 drops of Cedarwood, 2 drops of Myrrh, and 4 drops of Frankincense.
- Optical Rotation: +34° TO +54°
- Refractive Index: 1.508 TO 1.510 (AT 20°C)
- Specific Gravity: 0.930 TO 0.938 (AT 30/30°C)
- Solubility: Soluble in alcohol and other organic solvents. Insoluble in water.
- CAS No.: 68990-83-0
- Main Constituents: Cedrol 4%, g-Atlantone 10%, ab-Cedrene 17%, Himachalene 43%